April 2019 Intermittent Fasting Diary!


Monday, April 1: I made it to work without breaking my fast, and I feel good. My fast just passed 14.5 hours, so there is a while to go yet before breakfast. A light breakfast much later broke a fast of 19 hours and 55 minutes.

Monday/Tuesday (April 1 & 2): Dinner after class was my usual breakfast of granola with yogurt, nuts, a banana, and dried fruits. The fasting clock began again at 5:27 p.m. i went to the gym after a nap, and then perhaps I still have a bit of a cold, I ate at about 1:20 a.m. I could have easily drifted back to sleep. The fasting clock then started at the ungodly time of 1:30 a.m. While I try for a fast of 16 hours or more? I’m not sure yet. No, I didn’t shoot for 16 plus. At about 12:30, I decided to eat. It wasn’t a huge meal though; I ate a banana and drank a 200 calorie oatmeal drink. That left me feeling hungry, but I’ll try not eat again until I get home at around 7 p.m. That should be put me back on track.

Tuesday/Wednesday (April 2 & 3): Dinner was completed at 8:06 p.m. and the fasting clock began again. I exercised in the morning and am now at work. My fast is now approaching 15.5 hours, and I’m feeling quite hungry. I’m trying to keep myself busy which isn’t hard as this is one of my busier semesters. I made it just past 20 hours by going to class and then a meeting before eating.

Wednesday/Thursday (April 3 & 4): I went the rest of the day without eating, and I’m now in my office after exercising, and my fast just passed the 17-hour mark. I have my food for the day with me, and it is calling to me. This Americano is helping to pass some more time. Breakfast broke a fast of 18 hours and 40 minutes.

Thursday/Friday (April 4 & 5): The fasting clock began just after midday, but 10 hours and twenty minutes later, the urge to eat was too great. I also still haven’t completely gotten over this cold, so while I’m not 100%, I’ll eat take the foot off the fasting pedal. Of course, tomorrow is another day and no one knows when and what I’ll eat.  It’s now 11 a.m., and I’m sipping on an Americano at my favorite local cafe. My fast is approaching the 12-hour mark.  I’ll try make it to 16 hours as a meal then at 3:10 p.m. fits nicely into today’s schedule, and then that should be my only meal of the day. Fifteen hours and 43 minutes was the length of today’s fast. My schedule made waiting for the 16-hour mark a little difficult.

Friday/Saturday (April 5 & 6): I had a latte and a couple of cookies for dessert a little later making the day essentially a one-meal day, provided I don’t eat again of course. The fasting clock started again at 4:10 p.m. I exercised and made it to be without snacking, and it’s now Saturday. 17.75 hours was the length of my fast and it was broken in spectacular fashion at 9:55 a.m. with pancakes, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausages, a lot of maple syrup, and a coffee.

Saturday/Sunday (April 6 & 7): I had an early dinner and normally that would have been it for the day, but I went out to see a friend’s band play. The result was a few beers. And the result of those few beers was midnight eating. The fasting clock started at 12:30 a.m., which was thirteen hours ago as I type this while sipping on an Americano in a local cafe. I should be able to go a while longer. I decided to eat just past the 16-hour mark.

Sunday/Monday (April 7 & 8): The fasting clock started again at 5:02 p.m.  A green tea was consumed in a cafe, but that was it until breakfast broke a fast of 17 hours and 21 minutes.

Monday/Tuesday (April 8 & 9): I had a chicken salad and a bit of yogurt for dinner, and that was it for the day. The fasting clock started at 5:29 p.m. I exercised later and it’s now 12:15 a.m. I certainly could eat something, but I can wait until the morning. Since I exercised last night, I won’t go much past 16 hours.

Tuesday/Wednesday (April 9 & 10): I finished eating at 2:51 p.m. and then broke that fast 19 hours and 41 minutes later and after a morning gym session.

Wednesday/Thursday (April 10 & 11): Dinner and dessert with Eun-kyung was finished by 7:54 p.m. I walked off some of those calories later that night and in the morning. My fast was broken after 15.5 hours because that was a convenient time to eat.

Thursday/Friday (April 11 & 12): The fasting clock started around 5 p.m., and then around midnight after I got home from band practice, I decided some food was necessary. The fasting clock began again at the 12:50 a.m. That was nine hours ago now. I decided to eat right after a pretty intense weights session. The fast was just a fraction over 12 hours.

Friday/Saturday (April 12 & 13): I decided to finish eating for the day at 1:37 p.m. to help me get back on track. It’s now 11 p.m., and I’m home, so I’ve pretty much made it until tomorrow morning at least. I’m not feeling hungry, so the chance of snacking before bed is zero. I slept well, and breakfast broke a fast of 19 hours and 44 minutes.

Saturday/Sunday (April 13 & 14): I ate late into the night as it my band performed. Hence, the resulting fast was another shorter one. It was broken with a chicken burrito and fries.

Sunday/Monday (April 14 & 15): The fasting clock started at 4:57 p.m. It’s now 12:18 a.m. and I’m a little hungry. Breakfast broke a fast of 16 hours and 13 minutes.

Monday/Tuesday (April 15 & 16): I ate again just after class at around 5 p.m.  That meal consisted of a chicken salad, a croissant, and a mocha latte. That was supposed to have been it for the day, and it was technically, but at just after 1 a.m., several hours after a pretty intense weights session, I decided to have a protein bar and some milk. That served to make me hungrier, so I ate the breakfast I had prepared. The fasting clock then started again at 1:50 a.m. That might, however, set me up for my longest fast ever if I can go the day without eating. That’ll be hard though as I plan to do some cardio after work. If I eat afterwards, that won’t be the end of the world, and that’ll still be a decent fast of some 19 hours. I was all set for a longer fast, but was pretty much forced to break my fast after 16 hours and 50 minutes. I wasn’t  even hungry, but it was just one of those situations where an offer of food couldn’t be refused. 

Tuesday/Wednesday (April 16 & 17): The fasting clock began again soon after at exactly 7:30 p.m. I exercised in the morning and decided to eat a little after midday.

Wednesday/Thursday (April 17 & 18): The fasting clock began again at 12:42 p.m. It’s now just after 11 p.m., and I’m about to sip on a green tea. There is a McDonald’s across the street, but I’m not going there. I am thinking I am overdue of a McDonald’s meal though. I don’t think I’ve eaten McDonald’s since I started intermittent fasting last June. I made it to sleep safely, and breakfast at home ended my longest fast  since March 24.

Thursday/Friday (April 18 & 19): I had a protein shake and a few pieces of dried mango about an hour after breakfast. That could be it for the day, maybe. The fasting clock started again at 10:17 just in case. It turned to be far too early, and I ate dinner and started the fasting clock again at 5:24 p.m. It stopped 17 hours and 48 minutes later at my favorite cafe after some weights and cardio.

Friday/Saturday (April 19 & 20): A green tea latte served as lunch during my Korean lesson, and then dinner was had in Wonju. A naughty cafe mocha and donut were consumed for dessert. The fasting clock started again at 8:33 p.m. Waiting 16 hours to eat breakfast felt like a silly thing to do.

Saturday/Sunday (April 20 & 21): Due to a couple of drinks in a bar and a late night mini meal, the fast clock started at 23 minutes after midnight. The resulting fast was just 13 hours and 20 minutes, but I worked out quite intensely before breaking it.

Sunday/Monday (April 21 & 22): I finished my one large meal at 2:03 p.m., and it’s now 9:30 p.m. The plan is to do some cardio in the morning and then have breakfast between 8 and 9 a.m. and then another meal around 4 or 5 p.m. I did have breakfast a little after 8, but I skipped the gym. I’ll go tonight, instead.

Monday/Tuesday (April 22 & 23): I skipped the gym again. Dinner was done by 6:10 p.m. I made it to the gym Tuesday morning for some cardio and a little leg work. It’s almost 12:30 p.m., and I’m at work about to break my fast.

Tuesday/Wednesday (April 23 & 24): I finished breakfast just before class at 12:49 p.m. It’s now just after 8 p.m. The plan is to next eat after a morning weights session. Easier said than done. I didn’t make it to the gym, but my fast is the longest of the month so far, and I’m feeling good. I might try fit in a quick workout after work, but I have some guitar homework to do before my band meets to practice at 9 tonight. I’m just about to go to work and my fast just passed the 21-hour mark. Beginning breakfast a little later at work was a very pleasurable moment.

Wednesday/Thursday (April 24 & 25): That breakfast was my only Wednesday meal, and the fasting clock started again at 11:51 a.m. It was quite easy going the rest of the day without eating. I began breakfast at 9:02 at home as I had some food in the fridge that needed eating.

Thursday/Friday (April 25 & 26): I had what may be my last food for the day at 10:01 a.m. It’s now some ten hours later (8:10 p.m.), and although I could eat, I don’t feel too hungry. I just finished my last class for the day, and the plan now is to go to a cafe, consume a green tea, and grade some of the many mid-term exams now in my possession. It’s now almost midnight, and I’m home and about ready for bed. All in all, today’s fasting so far has been quite easy. Twenty-three hours in, and I still feel fine. I did some errands, some work, and exercised before finally having breakfast 25 hours and 40 minutes after yesterday’s breakfast ended.

Friday/Saturday (April 26 & 27): The fasting clock began at 12:02 p.m. I’m due for my monthly body composition test. I’ll get that done tomorrow at the gym which will hopefully be before I next eat. Eight and half hours later, and I’m back in one of my regular cafes with a green tea about to do some work – I hope. I did some work, but not exactly the amount I envisaged. Anyway, I made it through to morning and decided 19 hours and 43 minutes was enough of a fast.

Saturday/Sunday (April 27 & 28): I planned to have two full meals today, but around noon, I got a little peckish and had a protein bar and then a green tea latte. That may be it for the day. It’s 12:13 p.m., and the clock is now ticking. That was it for the day despite a couple of hours at the closing party of the closest bar to home where I had just two soda waters. Breakfast in the morning broke another long fast. This is definitely getting easier.

Sunday/Monday (April 28 & 29): Breakfast was staggered over a little over an hour, and the fasting clock began again at 11:55 a.m. A couple of green teas followed throughout the afternoon and evening, but that was it. I broke my fast at work on Monday morning just before 10.

Monday/Tuesday (April 20 & 30): The fasting clock started at 11 a.m., but 9 hours and a gym session later, I decided not eating was simply stupid. The fasting clock began for the second time at 8:35 p.m. The last fast for the month was a shorter one at 15 hours and 31 minutes.

Tuesday, April 30: I finished breakfast at 12:33, and the fasting clock began again. I’m not sure  though if I’ll go the rest of the day without eating. Time will tell. A mini-fast of just over seven hours was broken by dinner, and the fasting clock started again at 8:19 p.m.

Fasts By Length:


Average Fast: 17:52