February 2021 Intermittent Fasting Diary!


Monday (Feb. 1: The second month of 2021 began with a pretty long fast of over twenty hours.

Monday/Tuesday (Feb. 1 & 2): My next fast lasted from 4:11 p.pm until 1:16 p.m. the next afternoon.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Feb. 2 & 3): I started my fast in the afternoon, but decided to eat later at night after a pretty intense weights session. The fasting clock started at 8:24 p.m., and it stopped with a vegetarian omlette at 2:40 p.m.

Wednesday/Thursday (Feb. 3 & 4): I fasted between 18:24 p.m. and 12:50 p.m.

Thursday/Friday (Feb. 4 & 5): A longer fast again that began at 1:58 p.m. until 11:55 the following morning.

Friday/Saturday (Feb. 5 & 6): My next fast lasted from 4:51 p.m. Friday to 2:40 p.m. Saturday.

Saturday/Sunday (Feb. 6 & 7): I started the fasting clock at 4:31 p.m. and was able to resist being around Subin who ordered dinner. The fast was broken at 1:08 p.m.

Sunday/Monday (Feb. 7 & 8): My longest fast of the month started at 3:05 p.m. and ended at 1:35 p.m. I’m certainly getting used to not eating in the morning, but today’s busy morning with placemement interviews and morning class the last two weeks has helped with that.

Monday/Tuesday (Feb. 8 & 9): Monday’s fast started later after I again decided to eat after a weights session.  The clock started at 7:56 p.m., and as I type this, I’m approaching the 17-hour mark. The nice round number of 20 felt like the right time to quit fasting and start eating.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Feb. 9 & 10): Tuesday was a one meal day, and my next fast started at 4:22 p.m. I walked 5 kilometers in the evening and 6 kilometers  on Wednesdayy afternoon before breaking a long fast of 23.35 hours.

Wednesday/Thursday (Feb. 10 & 11): Wednesday was another one meal day, and my fast started at 4:05 p.m., and I’m typing this Thursday morning as my fast just passed 18 hours. I have a few things to do this morning, so I’ll go a little longer, or maybe even a lot longer. Who knows?

Thursday/Friday (Feb. 11 & 12): Thursday was another one-meal day, and the fasting clock started again at the earlier time of 1:36 p.m. It’s now 9 hours later, and I’m feeling good. I’m now approaching 22 hours, and I just started sipping on a zero-calorie Americano. I must be burning fat after last night’s 75-minute workout and a decent amount of walking. I’m still in the same cafe and I just passed the 24-hour mark for the second time this year. I’m happy with the amount of water I’ve been drinking and I feel pretty good.

Friday/Saturday (Feb. 12 & 13): Another one-meal day, and since the last fast was 27 hours long, it was a pretty big one. My next fast started at 17:07 p.m. As I type this, my fast just passed the 17-hour mark. I cleaned up a little – actually a lot – and then I went Daiso shopping. When I got home, I decided it was time for breakfast.

Saturday/Sunday/Monday (Feb. 13-15): Saturday was an unusual day in that I think the recent fasting caught up with me and my ability to resist food had weakened. That coupled with the rare instance of there being snacks in my apartment because Valentine’s Day was marked a day early. The result was that I had a final snack just after midnight, and the fasting clock started at 12:05 a.m. It was at least a reminder that I generally feel better when I don’t eat so close to bed time. The good news is, it’s now 13.5 hours later – I’m sipping on a small Americano, and I plan to spend a few hours in this cafe. So this fast will at least pass quite easily I think the 16-hour mark. I have also been entertaining the idea of not eating at all today, but we’ll see. I passed the 16-hour mark which is the usual minimum goal for a fast, and now I’m getting closer to 17 hours. The finale of The Stand, which I plan to watch when I get home, will help pass another hour. I sailed through the 24-hour mark and most of Monday. I felt fine all day and had enough energy to workout as my fast broke all records passing the 40-hour mark. I still wasn’t feeling particularly hungry, but once I smelled the steak sandwhich I bought, I dug right in.

Monday/Tuesday (Feb. 15 & 16): Monday was another one-meal day, and the fasting clock began at 6:09 p.m. I was home for most of the fast, and it turned out to be quite an easy one depsite setting a record yesterday. Because of that record, I didn’t push things that much today with breakfast breaking a fast of 18.25 hours.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Feb. 16 & 17): My next fast began at 2:20 p.m. The day’s eating consisted of a cafe latte, a chicken avacado wrap, a cookie and a little later a cup of tea and some granola cereal with extra nuts and sultanas with protein added to the accompanying milk. A weights session is planned for later, and then tomorrow morning, I’ll again try to kill some time at a quiet cafe over an Americano. The weights session happened and then I walked around for a little over an hour. It’s now just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, I just ordered a hot Americano, I don’t feel particulalry hungry, and my fast is approaching 23 hours. I made sure I stayed hydrated, and I still feel pretty good and not particularly hungry. I quite surprised myself with another beyond 24 hours.

Wednesday/Thursday (Feb. 17 & 18): Another one meal day, and it was another meal that wasn’t as big as it could have been. My overall calorie consumption is certainly well down this month and I’ve lost some hard to lose kilograms as a result. I finished my next fast after 19 hours.

Thursday/Friday (Feb. 18 & 19): I started my next fast at 6:03 p.m., and now it’s 19.25 hours later. I do have some work to do soon. I think I’ll wait a little longer. I finished my interviews and then broke my fast just after 21 hours.

Friday/Saturday (Feb. 19 & 20): These twenty hour fasts are now quite easy; they used to be intimidating!

Saturday/Sunday (Feb. 20 & 21): Saturday’s fast began at 4:23 after a late and great brunch style meal.

Sunday/Monday (Feb. 21 & 22): Another longer fast, this one just a fraction over 22 hours, and I’ve been steadily losing weight over the past few weeks.

Monday/Tuesday (Feb. 22 & 23): Not a totally clean fast, but pretty close to one. My only indescretion was a green tea latte Monday afternoon, and that was my first green latte in quite a while.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Feb. 23 & 24): The fasting clock started at 3:31 p.m. and about 21 hours later, I had a small latte. Since it was just a small latte (really really small), I’ll keep the fast going and call it a slight dirty one. I broke my fast with a different meal as I had to modify my diet today because of a colonospcopy and endoscopy on Friday morning. Hence, my only meal of the was scrambled eggs with chicken and rice. I need to scramble eggs more often – I make great scrambled eggs!

Wednesday/Thursday (Feb. 24 & 25): Those eggs, chicken, and rice made up the day’s only meal. The fasting clock started at 3:19 p.m. and finished at 12:04 with just a small bowl of rice. There’s not much more I can eat less than 20 hours before my internal’s next adventure.

Thursday/Friday (Feb. 25 & 26): I only spent a few minutes eating those few grains of rice and then I started fasting again at exactly 12:11 p.m.  I started the magic colonoscopy juice at 6 p.m., but I’m not considering that a fast breaker. I had more at 6:30 and then at 4 and 4:30 a.m. – it was a long night. By the time I made to my restaurant of choice and began eating banana pancakes, my fast was just 12 minutes less than a day.

Friday/Saturday (Feb. 26 & 27): A shorter fast as I didn’t think it would be healthy to have  long fast after yesterday’s colonoscopy. Having said that, I still sailed past the 16-hour mark.

Saturday/Sunday (Feb. 27 & 28): My last fast tp be begun and finished in the month of February was just a few minutes under 21 hours. And that ended my most consistent month in a long time, and I am pretty certain that February contained the most amouth of fasting hours.

Sunday, Feb. 28: I ended the month by starting my next fast at three minutes past three in the afternoon.

Lengths of Fasts


Average Fast: 22:03