November 2018 Intermittent Fasting Diary!


Thursday, November 1: It’s 10 am, and my fast just past the 14-hour mark. Today’s fast was dictated by a blood test at 2:20 pm that required at least an 8 hour fast beforehand. I didn’t want to eat in the early hours of the morning, and I didn’t want to eat too close to bedtime; hence, I’ll be arriving at hospital well and truly fasted. I broke my fast straight after that blood test, ending a fast of 18 hours and 27 minutes.

Thursday/Friday (Nov. 1 & 2): My second and final meal of the day disappeared from view at around 5:20 p.m., and the fasting clock started again. At 11 p.m., I prepared tomorrow’s breakfast – granola with banana, cashew nuts, and sultanas. Really looking forward to eating that at around 10 a.m. Breakfast was started pretty much on schedule at about 9:50 a.m.

Friday/Saturday (Nov. 2 & 3): A green tea latte and a banana went down the hatch at about 3:30 p.m., and then I finished eating for the day by 4:45. It’s now 9:15 p.m., and I’m feeling a little hungry. I can wait though. It’s now 7:20 a.m., and I just had a black coffee. I’m feeling good. Breakfast was begun exactly 17 hours after I last ate. Confession: Stopwatch photo is from September as I forgot to start it on time yesterday.

Saturday/Sunday (Nov. 3 & 4): I had a couple of snacks during a speech contest for young defectors, and then dinner was gone by around 6 p.m. I began a big breakfast just under 17 hours later.

Sunday/Monday (Nov. 4 & 5): I finished eating earlier today at about 3:30 p.m. It’s been a while since I finished that early. And I finished well with an avocado and chickpea salad. Breakfast was 17 hours and 40 minutes later, just after a 20-minute weights session where I recorded my lowest weight ever.

Monday/Tuesday (Nov. 5 & 6): My only snack was a small cookie before my 1 p.m. class, and then I ate for the last time just before 4 p.m. I did have some Powerade after a nap at around 8 p.m. as I’m still feeling a little off and a little dehydrated. Breakfast in my office broke a fast of 17 hours and 45 minutes.

Tuesday/Wednesday  (Nov. 6 & 7): I had a banana before class and a mandarin during the break. Dinner was history by about 5:30. That was supposed to be the end of my eating day, but at 9:50 p.m., I felt hungry. Since I haven’t been in perfect health, I decided to listen to my body and eat. The fasting clock started again at 10 p.m., and I’ll probably next eat 14.5 hours in the future at about 12:30 p.m. maybe. The fast was broken a little later at about 1:55 p.m. during the break in class.

Wednesday/Thursday  (Nov. 7 & 8): Next down the throat was a green tea latte and a little after that, dinner at home was consumed by 6 p.m. It’s now 8:30 a.m., and I am tentatively eyeing a midday breakfast as I sip on a black coffee and prepare to head out for the day. Breakfast was consumed after a fast of 18 hours and 4 minutes and quite an eventful morning.

Thursday/Friday  (Nov. 8 & 9): My second and last meal of the day was consumed at my desk, and it was all gone by 5:45 p.m. It’s morning, my fast is at the 15-hour mark, and I’m about to go out for a couple of hours. In other news, I’ve decided upon a goal weight of 78 kilograms. I should be there by either the end of this month or at some point during December. I didn’t have breakfast until 4:30 p.m. I ran a few errands across town, went to the gym where I recorded another lowest weight, and I walked about ten kilometers. I’m feeling almost back to full health. Today’s fast of 22 hours and 46 minutes was the longest in a while.

Friday/Saturday (Nov. 9 & 10): After dinner, I had a banana and about 30 minutes later at around 6 p.m, a  protein bar. Today’s eating window was 90 minutes. Then the fasting clock started again. The plan for the morning is to have breakfast after a cardio session. That’s what happened. Breakfast ended a fast of 18 hours and 17 minutes.

Saturday/Sunday (Nov. 10 & 11): Dinner was consumed by 7:30 p.m., and breakfast followed 16 hours and 40 minutes later.

Sunday/Monday (Nov. 11 & 12): Dinner, which was my usual breakfast meal, was gone by about 5:20 p.m. I exercised in the morning, and am now at work. My fast is just a few minutes shy of 16 hours. I also recorded my weight at the gym this morning. I eventually had breakfast at about 12 p.m. after a fast of 18 hours and 46 minutes.

Monday/Tuesday (Nov. 12 & 13): Dinner was at home. I forget the exact time, and when I woke up my stop watch had reset itself to 0:00:00. I think it was just before 5 p.m. This is a nice reminder that I have to also note the start time of my fasts rather than relying solely on my iPhone stopwatch which has proven to not be 100% reliable. Or may I accidentally bumped it while checking it over night and it’s me that isn’t 100% reliable. Either way, precautions must be taken. Breakfast was begun at 10:06, and I’m going to be conservative and call that a 17 hour and two minute fast. In other news, I got a body composition test at my gym in the morning, while wearing jeans and a belt. Next time, I’ll wear gym shorts for a more accurate and lower weight, and I’ll get one done every month. I have to admit I was quite happy at the low fat percentage. And this gives me concrete numbers to more accurately judge my progress.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Nov. 13 & 14): A Korean dinner of dolsot bibimbap (with cheese) was completed at exactly 5:19 pm. I’m thinking of a 12:19 pm breakfast, a fast of 19 hours, but we’ll see. I later decided a fast of 17 hours and 33 minutes was long enough.

Wednesday/Thursday (Nov. 14 & 15): Dinner was a chicken avocado wrap sans my usual latte as I had a black tea latte earlier in the day. It was consumed after I walking home from work and the fasting clock began again at 6:27 p.m. I went to an open mic at 9:30 p.m. where I had soda water. I resisted the strong temptation to buy some chocolate at 12:30 a.m. as I walked past my local convenience store on the way home. That wasn’t easy! I’m now at work and the fasting clock just passed the 16-hour mark. I don’t think I’ll wait much longer to eat. I’m having a black coffee now, but my thoughts are very much on the breakfast subway on my desk. I’ll try extend my fast a little more by listening to music while doing some prep for my afternoon classes. Seventeen hours and 16 minutes was the length’s of my fast.

Thursday/Friday (Nov. 15 & 16): Dinner was consumed by exactly 5:28 p.m. The fasting clock started again and it didn’t stop until 23 hours and 12 minutes later. In between, I went to my gym in the morning and later walked 12 kilometers.

Friday/Saturday (Nov. 16 & 17): That breakfast, which ended with some chocolate and a green tea latte, was my only meal of the day. The fasting clock began again soon after it had last stopped. Slight change of plans. At 7:30, I felt the need for more food, and I decided to listen to my body. Breakfast was consumed 16 hours and twenty minutes later following a gym session. In other news, I recorded my lowest weight ever.

Saturday/Sunday (Nov. 17 & 18): After recording my lowest weight ever, the annual work Thanksgiving party happened. And it was amazing!

Well that was 16 hours ago now, so there’s that. I am feeling a little hungry. Breakfast was consumed a little later, just before the 17-hour mark.

Sunday/Monday (Nov. 18 & 19): Dinner was history by about 5:10 p.m. The plan is to exercise early in the morning and have breakfast at work around 11 or 12. The morning gym visit didn’t happen and breakfast was begun a little earlier at about 10:30 a.m. Confession: I could have eaten less for breakfast.

Monday/Tuesday (Nov. 19 & 20): Dinner was eaten by about 5:30 and just before 10 p.m. I uncharacteristically ate. I also didn’t go to the gym. Not quite a disaster, but I really should have gone to the gm. I certainly had time as I finished work at 2:50 p.m. Eating late turned out to be not such a bad idea as I waiting until after 5 p.m. to have breakfast was surprisingly easy.

Tuesday/Wednesday (Nov. 20 & 21): After an evening breakfast, I ate again at 9 p.m. I should be able to go well past the end of my class tomorrow without having breakfast. I am also overdue for a workout and a weigh-in. That’s my goal for early tomorrow morning. I did indeed workout. The weigh-in number was a little higher than before, but that’s OK. It’s now 10:30 a.m., and I just finished my morning black coffee at work. I much prefer lattes though. Breakfast/lunch was consumed after work in one of my favorite local Korean restaurants.

Wednesday/Thursday (Nov. 21 & 22): I ate my second and final meal of the day at around 6:30 p.m. Breakfast Thursday was 16 hours and 26 minutes later.

Thursday/Friday (Nov. 22 & 23): I had dinner after work just after 5 pm, and then I had another late meal which I finished by 9 p.m. I walked about 13 kilometers throughout the day, so perhaps that contributed to that late need to eat. It’s now 12:20 p.m. the next day, so my fast is past the 15-hour mark. I’m not sure how I’ll proceed. Breakfast was consumed just two minutes after the 16-hour mark.

Friday/Saturday (Nov. 23 & 24): I finished dinner around 6:45 p.m. Then I walked about 8.5 kilometers. Breakfast was consumed 18 hours later after a morning workout.

Saturday/Sunday (Nov. 24 & 25): My second and final meal of the day was consumed a little earlier than recent last meals, and I made it to bed without any nibbling on any further calories. Breakfast was had 17 and half hours later.

Sunday/Monday (Nov. 25 & 26): I had my second and last meal by 4:15 pm, and I made it safely to bed. It’s now 9:30 a.m., so my fast is into its 17th hour. Breakfast was had at home just shy of eighteen hours and thirty minutes after I late ate. That was a very easy fast.

Monday/Tuesday (Nov. 26 & 27): I finished eating for the day at 6:52 p.m. I had dinner earlier, but was hungry after a weights session and decided a protein bar wouldn’t go astray. I’m at work now, and I’ve had my morning black sugar-free coffee. Breakfast was eaten at about 11:45 a.m. after a fast that was almost 17 hours long. 

Tuesday/Wednesday (Nov. 27 & 28): I finished dinner just after 6 p.m. I had planned to go to the gym beforehand, but that didn’t happen.  The resulting fast was one of my shortest of the month, mainly because of my schedule and I felt like having breakfast at home rather than on my to or at work. 

Wednesday/Thursday (Nov. 28 & 29): Dinner was down the hatch by around 6 p.m. again. I exercised in the morning, and now I’m at work. It’s coming up to 10 a.m. and the 16-hour mark, and I’m sipping on a calorieless black coffee. Lattes are so much nicer! Breakfast ended a fast of 18 hours and 15 minutes.

Thursday/Friday (Nov. 29 & 30): My second and last meal of the disappeared from view at exactly 5:50 p.m. It’s now coming up to the 8 a.m, my fast just passed the 14-hour mark, and this morning I have a lot of work to do.  I hope I can work effectively and productively between now and 1 p.m. I’ve already had a black coffee to help get my brain in gear. My last fast for the month lasted a total of 17 hours and 47 minutes, which just happened to be my monthly average.

Friday, Nov. 30: I finished eating for the month at around 5 p.m. It’s now almost midnight, so that’s it for November. I gained a little of the weight I lost earlier in the month, but I’m fine with that. I’m certainly ending the month feeling healthier and stronger that I felt on November 1. Overall, my average fast was shorter than previous months, but I’m fine with that as well. Having said that, I would like to loose a few more kilograms. My goal for December will be to drop below 80 again and stay there.

Fasts Ranked by Length:


Average Fast: 17:47